Monday, November 23, 2009

The Start of Something



This photo was taken in February of '08.  We were at the Theatre of the Seventh Sister in Lancaster at the Stahr Armory.  We had gone to see a dance performance.  Since we were early we decided to take some pictures on the dark stage.  When I found out this fall that Grace's first COBALT performance would be at that same theater, I thought it was an interesting coincidence.  But as I saw her perform this weekend, it didn't feel like a coincidence.  It felt like an echo.  Like when we were sitting on the floor in the dark of that stage it was like the darkness of the womb.  Something there that wasn't yet birthed yet.  And when I saw Grace dancing this weekend, even though she was just a baby compared to most of the other dancers, I knew that this was the start of something.  Something that had already begun. 


A beautiful something.


Full of Grace.

No comments: